Details:Ray LaHood, Department of Transportation announced the 2011 Click It or Ticket mobilization with a reminder to motorists about the severe risks of driving unbelted, day or night. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration statistics show 306 people died on U.S. roads during the 2009 Memorial Day period, 55 percent were unbelted.
Memorial Day weekend in a car, truck, SUV, crossover, RV and even boating, remember safety-first buckle up the whole family. It’s easy to do pet travel harness, tethers, crates and for boating wear it your PFD pets too”, stated Christina Selter “Pet Safety Lady, founder Bark Buckle UP.
“Despite all the warnings against leaving pets and children in cars, yet we still hear all too often the horror stories of dogs that suffered or even died after being left in vehicles as temperatures inside soared. Studies have shown that a healthy dog, whose normal body temperature ranges from 101 to 102.5 degrees, can withstand a body temperature of 107 to 108 degrees for only a short time before suffering brain damage or death, at even 85-degree weather, temperatures inside a car can reach 120 degrees in less then 30 minutes, even if a window is cracked,” Selter said.
• Wearing a seatbelt costs you nothing but NOT wearing on can cost a life
• Bark Buckle UP’s StatTracker 2009 98 percent of pets were not secured properly
• A 60-pound pet can become 3000-pound projectile, at just 35mph
• Pet travel has increased 300 percent since 2005
• Unrestrained pets delay emergency workers' access to human occupants
• Pets escaping post-accident pose many dangers, including catching the loose pet
• Injured pets may bite first responders and rescue workers
• Pets may escape through a window or open door and cause a second accident
• Driver distraction is common when unrestrained pets are rambunctious
ABOUT: Bark Buckle UP’s founder Christina Selter “Pet Safety Lady” is the official go-to expert and heads the leading research team on pet travel safety for Government Agencies, Police, Fire and other first responder agencies including NHTSA, DOT, TSA Homeland Security, Automotive, Marine, Recreational industry leaders to improve pet travel safety and awareness.
May 25, 2015 @ 9:52 PM
May 25, 2015 @ 9:51 PM
May 25, 2015 @ 8:54 PM
May 25, 2015 @ 8:53 PM
Keywords: Memorial Day, Pet, Travel, Safety, Nhtsa, Pet S Afety, Lady, Ray Lahood, Bark, Buckle Up, Christina Selter Dodge, Dot